LARIMER COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
Wednesday, August 16, 2017/6:30 P.M./Commissioners' Hearing Room
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. PUBLIC COMMENT ON THE COUNTY LAND USE CODE
D. PUBLIC COMMENT REGARDING OTHER RELEVANT LAND USE MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
E. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE JULY 19, 2017 MEETING.
F. AMENDMENTS TO AGENDA
G. CONSENT ITEMS: *Will not be discussed unless requested by Commissioners or members of the audience.
*1. RANGEVIEW PIPELINE LOCATION AND EXTENT #17-ZONE2207
Staff Contact: Rob Helmick
Request: Location and Extent Review of a crude oil collection line south and east of Johnsons Corner. Approximately 10,000 feet of 4- 8" pipeline will be constructed in Larimer County and Johnstown to collect crude oil from two oil well pads. This review is only for those portions located in unincorporated Larimer County.
Location: North of the Weld County line, south and east of Johnson Corner, north to north of CR 16 east of CR 3.
Applicant: Saddle Butte Rockies Midstream, LLC, 1900 16th St, Suite 1550, Denver CO 80202
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends the Larimer County Planning Commission Approve of the Rangeview Pipeline Location and Extent, file # 17-ZONE2207, subject to the following condition(s):
1. Follow the Larimer County Best Management Practices for pipeline construction; this shall include plans for revegetation of disturbed areas.
2. The applicant shall coordinate all bores/crossings of the local and county roads affected by the route and obtain all necessary permits and permissions.
3. The applicant shall obtain all necessary and required municipal, State and Federal permits for the construction of the pipeline. This includes any floodplain or other permits.
4. The approval of this pipeline designates a corridor along the alignment and deviations to accommodate field issues will not affect the approval. Significant alterations to the route shall be evaluated by the County prior to commencing activity, and may be subject to further review.
5. Any permits required for the placing of the support structures are required.
*2. TERRA VISTA PLANNED LAND DIVISION/PLANNED DEVELOPMENT #16-LAND3502
Staff Contact: Rob Helmick
Request: Preliminary Plat for a three lot Planned Development/Planned Land Division on 3.54 acres in the Fort Collins GMA.
Location: On the east side of Havel Ave., North of Vine Dr. in the Northwest Plan area of the City of Fort Collins
Applicant: Dennis and Mary Sovick, 750 Havel Ave., Fort Collins CO 80524
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends the Larimer County Planning Comimssion recommends to the Board of County Commissioners Approval of the Terra Vista Planned Land Division, file #16-LAND3502, subject to the following condition(s):
1. The Final Plat shall be consistent with the approved preliminary plan and with the information contained in the Terra Vista Planned Land Division, file #16-LAND3502, except as modified by the conditions of approval or agreement of the County and applicant. The applicant shall be subject to all other verbal or written representations and commitments of record for the Terra Vista Planned Land Division, file #16-LAND3502.
2. The following fees shall be collected at building permit issuance for new single family dwellings: Poudre school District school fee, Larimer County fees for County and Regional Transportation Capital Expansion, Larimer County Community Park Fees (in lieu of dedication) and drainage fees. The fee amount that is current at the time of building permit application shall apply.
3. Fire Requirements €“ Lot 3 requires residential fire sprinklers and a hammerhead turn around at the driveway on Havel Ave. Lot 1 is nonconforming and will not require upgrading and Lot 2 will be served by the existing fire hydrant.
4. All habitable structures will require an engineered foundation system. Such engineered foundation system designs shall be based upon a site specific soils investigation. The lowest habitable floor level (basement) shall not be less than 3 feet from the seasonal high water table. Mechanical methods proposed to reduce the ground water level, unless it is a response after construction, must be proposed on a development wide basis.
5. Passive radon mitigation measures shall be included in construction of residential structures on these lots. The results of a radon detection test conducted in new dwellings once the structure is enclosed but prior to issuance of a certificate of occupancy shall be submitted to the Building Department. As an alternative, a builder may present a prepaid receipt from a radon tester which specifies that a test will be done within 30 days. A permanent certificate of occupancy can be issued when the prepaid receipt is submitted.
With respect to the proposed Planned Development zoning:
The Development Services Team recommends the Larimer County Planning Comimssion recommends to the Board of County Commissioners Approval of the Terra Vista rezoning from FA-Farming to PD (Planned Development), file #16-LAND3502, as follows:
1. The rezoning shall be effective upon the recordation of the final plat of Terra Vista Planned Land Division.
2. The permitted uses, lot building and structure requirements, setbacks and structure height limitations for Terra Vista Planned Land Division :
Agricultural labor housing (S)
Commercial poultry farm (S)
Equestrian operation (PSP/MS/S) €”See section 4.3.1
Garden supply center (S)
Pet animal facility (MS/S) €”See section 4.3.1
Pet animal veterinary clinic/hospital (MS/S) €”See section 4.3.114.
Sod farm, nursery (R)
Tree farm (R)
Dwelling, cabin (R) €”See section 4.3.2
Group home (R)
Group home for the aged (R)
Group home for the mentally ill (R)
Group home for the developmentally disabled (R)
Single-family dwelling (R)
Storage buildings and garages (R) €”See section 4.3.2
Child/elderly care center (S)
Community hall (MS/S) €”See section 4.3.4
School, nonpublic (S)
State-licensed group home (S)
Shooting range (S)
Bed and breakfast (MS/S) €”See section 4.3.6
Small solar facility (R/PSP)
Small wind energy facility (MS)
Commercial mobile radio service
S) -See section 16
Lot, building and structure requirements:
· Minimum lot size:
· 100,000 square feet (2.3 acres) if a well or septic system is used.
· 21,780 square feet (0.5 acre) if both public water and sewer are used.
· Maximum density in a conservation development is calculated by dividing the total developable area by the required minimum lot size. Maximum density in a rural land plan is determined by subsection 5.8.6.A. Lots in a conservation development or rural land plan that use a well or an individual septic system must contain at least two acres (87,120 square feet). Lots in a conservation development or rural land plan connected to public water and either a public sewer or community sewer system are not required to meet minimum lot size requirements (except for the purpose of calculating density).
· Minimum required setbacks: (If more than one setback applies, the greater setback is required.)
· Street and road setback (Refer to section 4.9.1 setbacks from highways, county roads, and all other streets and roads.) The setback from a street or road must be 25 feet from the lot line, nearest edge of the road easement, nearest edge of right-of-way, or nearest edge of traveled way, whichever is greater.
· Side yards €”Five feet.
· Rear yards €”Ten feet.
· Refer to section 4.9.2 for additional setback requirements (including but not limited to streams, creeks and rivers).
· Maximum structure height €”40 feet.
· No parcel can be used for more than one principal building; additional buildings on a parcel are allowed if they meet the accessory use criteria in subsection 4.3.10.
H. REPORT FROM STAFF
NEXT MEETINGS: Wednesday, September 13, 2017: BCC/Planning Commission worksession
Wednesday, September 20, 2017: Planning Commission hearing