LARIMER COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
Wednesday, June 21, 2017/6:30 P.M./Commissioners' Hearing Room
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. PUBLIC COMMENT ON THE COUNTY LAND USE CODE
D. PUBLIC COMMENT REGARDING OTHER RELEVANT LAND USE MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
E. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE MAY 17, 2017 MEETING.
F. AMENDMENTS TO AGENDA
G. CONSENT ITEM: *Will not be discussed unless requested by Commissioners or members of the audience.
*1. TIPS CONSERVATION DEVELOPMENT #15-S3362
Staff Contact: Rob Helmick
Request: Preliminary Plat review of a Conservation Development to subdivide 117.9 acres into a 105 acre residual lot with a 2 acre building envelop, three new 2.5+ acre residential lots and a 5.1 acre lot expanding an existing 3+acre lot.
Location: 14-8-69; Adjacent to and in the Eagle Lake development; west of Hwy 1 and the Larimer County Canal off of Eagle Lake Drive.
Applicant: Lee Martin, Landmark Engineering, 3521 W. Eisenhower Blvd., Loveland CO 80537
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners Approval of the Tips Conservation Development, File#15-S3362, subject to the following conditions:
1. The Final Plat shall be consistent with the approved preliminary plan and with the information contained in the Tips Conservation Development File#15-S3362except as modified by the conditions of approval or agreement of the County and applicant. The applicant shall be subject to all other verbal or written representations and commitments of record for the Tips Conservation Development.
2. The following fees shall be collected at building permit issuance for new single family dwellings: Poudre School District school fee, Larimer County fees for County and Regional Transportation Capital Expansion, Larimer County Regional Park Fees (in lieu of dedication) and drainage fees. The fee amount that is current at the time of building permit application shall apply.
3. Residential fire sprinklers shall be required for all new residential structures, unless at the Final Plat the applicant can demonstrate that fire hydrants meeting flow, pressure and spacing requirements of the Larimer County Land Use Code can be provided.
4. All habitable structures will require an engineered foundation system. Such engineered foundation system designs shall be based upon a site specific soils investigation. The lowest habitable floor level (basement) shall not be less than 3 feet from the seasonal high water table. Mechanical methods proposed to reduce the ground water level, unless it is a response after construction, must be proposed on a development wide basis.
5. Passive radon mitigation measures shall be included in construction of residential structures on these lots. The results of a radon detection test conducted in new dwellings once the structure is enclosed but prior to issuance of a certificate of occupancy shall be submitted to the Building Department. As an alternative, a builder may present a prepaid receipt from a radon tester which specifies that a test will be done within 30 days. A permanent certificate of occupancy can be issued when the prepaid receipt is submitted.
6. The three new lots shall join the Eagle Lake HOA and be subject to the covenants and road maintenance requirements.
H. REPORT FROM STAFF
NEXT MEETINGS: Wednesday, July 12, 2017: BCC/Planning Commission worksession
Wednesday, July 19, 2017: Planning Commission hearing