Cirque Meadows by Adam Johnson


The Secretary of State's website is available 24 hours a day to:
  • Register to vote in Colorado
  • Change your address on your current voter registration record
  • Change your party affiliation on your current voter registration record
  • Change your name on your current voter registration record
  • Who may register to vote?

    You are eligible to register to vote if you:

    • Are a United States citizen.
    • Are 16 years of age, but you must be 18 years of age or older on the date of the election at which you intend to vote.
    • Are a Colorado resident for at least 22 days before the election at which you intend to vote.
    • Are not serving a sentence (including parole) for a felony conviction.
  • Am I registered to vote? What districts can I vote on?
  • How do I register to vote?

    Online at the Secretary of State's website

    Or, complete, print, and sign a voter registration form:

    Mail your signed voter registration form to:

    Larimer County Elections Department
    PO Box 1547
    Fort Collins, CO 80522

    Forms may also be emailed or faxed (as a signed PDF attachment) to:

    Fax: (970) 498-7847

  • Where can I register to vote in person?

    You may register to vote in person Monday through Friday (except holidays) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the following locations. Estes Park Motor Vehicle closes at 4:30 p.m.

    You may also register to vote in person when you obtain your Colorado Driver's License.

    In addition you can obtain a voter registration form from the following locations and mail or drop off the registration form at 200 W. Oak St. (5th floor); Fort Collins, CO 80521.

    Estes Valley Public Library 335 E. Elkhorn Ave. Estes Park CO 80517
    Loveland Public Library 300 N. Adams Ave. Loveland CO 80537
    Wellington Public Library 3800 Wilson Ave. Wellington CO 80549
    Poudre River Public Library District, Main Library 201 Peterson St. Fort Collins CO 80524
    Poudre River Public Library District, Harmony Library 4616 S. Shields St. Fort Collins CO 80526
    Red Feather Lakes Library 71 Firehouse Ln. Red Feather Lakes CO 80545
    Morgan Library, Colorado State University 501 University Avenue Fort Collins CO 80525
    City of Fort Collins 300 Laporte Ave. Fort Collins CO 80521
    City of Loveland 500 E. 3rd St., Suite 230 Loveland CO 80537
    Town of Berthoud 328 Massachusetts Ave. Berthoud CO 80513
    Town of Johnstown 450 S. Parish Johnstown CO 80534
    Town of Timnath 4800 Goodman St. Timnath CO 80547
    Town of Windsor 301 Walnut St. Windsor CO 80550
    Town of Wellington 3735 Cleveland Ave. Wellington CO 80549
    Berthoud Area Chamber of Commerce 344 Mountain Ave. Berthoud CO 80513
  • Do I need to include a copy of ID if I mail my registration form?

    No if:

    • You are currently registered in Colorado, and you are making a change to your registration record,


    • You are registering for the first time in Colorado, and you write your Colorado driver's license number on the form, and we can verify that this number is yours.

    Yes if:

    • You do not have a Colorado driver's license or ID number.
  • What are acceptable forms of identification?
    • A valid Colorado driver's license;
    • A valid identification card issued by the Department of Revenue in accordance with the requirements of Part 3 of Article 2 of Title 42, C.R.S.;
    • A valid U.S. passport;
    • A valid employee identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the United States government or of this state, or by any county, municipality, board, authority, or other political subdivision of this state;
    • A valid pilot's license issued by the federal aviation administration or other authorized agency of the United States;
    • A valid U.S. military identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector;
    • A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the elector. For example:
      • A cable bill or telephone bill;
      • A paycheck from a government institution or private company; or
      • A Certificate of Degree of Indian or Alaskan Native Blood.
    • A valid Medicare or Medicaid card issued by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (formerly the United States Health Care Financing Administration);
    • A certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate for the elector issued in the United States;
    • Certified documentation of naturalization; or
    • A valid student identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by an institute of higher education in Colorado, as defined in section 23-3.1-102(5), C.R.S.;
    • A valid veteran identification card issued by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs Veterans Health Administration with a photograph of the eligible elector
    • A valid identification card issued by a federally-recognized tribal government certifying tribal membership.
    • Verification that a voter is a resident of a group residential facility; or
    • Verification that a voter is a person committed to the Department of Human Services and confined and eligible to register and vote.

    Any form of identification shall be considered identification ONLY if the address is in the state of Colorado.

  • Can I still vote in the upcoming election if I turn 18 after the registration deadline but before the election?

    Yes, you may pre-register when you are 16 years of age. You will then become eligible to vote on your 18th birthday.

  • May I register for other members of my family?

    No. Each voter must register individually.

  • Will I receive something from your office indicating that I am registered to vote?

    When you register to vote or make an update to your name, address, or party affiliation, a Voter Information Card will be sent to your mailing address. Your Voter Information Card will reflect the information on your voter registration record and will indicate your name, mailing address, party affiliation, precinct number, district numbers, and polling location. To make any changes to your information, simply complete the back of the Voter Information Card and mail to our office.

  • How do I change my name, address, or affiliation on my registration record?

    You may change your name, address or affiliation on your voter registration record by the following methods:

    To submit an update to your voter registration record by mail, fax, or email you must complete a Voter Registration Form. You may print a Voter Registration Form (English)/(Spanish) from this website, or obtain one from most libraries, city/town clerk offices, with any voter registration drive, or at any Colorado driver's license bureau.

    If you are unable to obtain a Voter Registration Form, you may submit a personal note containing your name, birth date, old address, new address, signature, and date of the request.

    Mail your signed voter registration form or personal note to:

    Larimer County Elections
    PO Box 1547
    Fort Collins, CO 80522

    Correspondence may also be emailed (as a signed PDF attachment) or faxed to:

  • Is it too late to register to vote in the next election?

    All eligible voters may register to vote in an election up to and on election day. An elector is eligible to vote if he or she has lived in the State of Colorado at least 22 days prior to the election, is at least 18 years of age, and is a citizen of the United States.

  • What is an INACTIVE Voter?

    Voters become Inactive if election mail is returned to us by the United States Postal Service as undeliverable. An Inactive voter is still eligible to vote, but will not receive a ballot in the mail. The voter may become Active by voting, by updating his/her address with the Larimer County Elections Office, or by submitting written confirmation of his/her current address.

  • Is my voter registration information public record?

    Yes, portions of your registration are public record. Your name, address, party affiliation, and year of birth are public record. Your signature, driver's license number, social security number, and month and day of birth are confidential.

  • Can I make my voter registration information confidential?

    Yes, you will be required to sign a sworn affirmation that you or a member of your household are at risk of criminal harassment or bodily harm. There is a fee of $5.00 payable in check or cash.

    Confidentiality requests must be made in person at:

    Larimer County Elections
    200 W. Oak St., 5th Floor
    Fort Collins, CO 80521

    The State of Colorado also provides an Address Confidentiality Program (ACP) for survivors of domestic violence, sexual offenses, and stalking. Contact the ACP toll free at 1-888-341-0002.

  • What are the current political parties in Colorado?

    See the State's list of current political parties. Voters may also register as "unaffiliated" if they do not want to join a political party.

  • Will I be selected for jury duty if I register to vote?

    Your name will appear on lists for potential jurors. However, your name will also appear on this list if you filed a Colorado Tax Return in the previous year or have a Colorado driver's license or State ID.

  • How do I get a certified document of registration for in-state tuition purposes or other purposes?

    The certificate costs $1.25 and can be obtained in person or by mail. Checks and cash are accepted. Voter information cards are also available free of charge.

    In person:

    Larimer County Elections
    200 W. Oak St. (5th floor), Suite 5100
    Fort Collins, CO 80521

    Loveland Motor Vehicle
    205 E. 6th St.
    Loveland, CO 80537

    Estes Park Motor Vehicle
    1601 Brodie Ave.
    Estes Park, CO 80517

    By mail - send $1.25 check or money order to:

    Larimer County Elections
    PO Box 1547
    Fort Collins, CO 80522

    Include in your request your printed name, date of birth, residence address, mailing address (if different from your residence address), and signature. You may also provide a fax number if you would like the certificate faxed to you. Payment is required prior to issuing the certificate.

  • Will I receive my ballot by mail?

    As of May 10, 2013, all registered, active voters will receive their ballot by mail for all elections.

Background Image: Cirque Meadows by Adam Johnson. All rights reserved.