Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are all closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2015.
County Offices are also closed on Friday, November 27 while the Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are open.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Monitoring Diseases Transmitted to People by Animals and Insects
- Consultation and investigation of wild and domestic animal bites for rabies; testing of wild animals, if available, when human bites have occurred.
- Notification and awareness when plague has been found in an area.
- Assessing risk of West Nile West Nile Virus infection.
- Education and consultation on current risks in the community for animal and insect spread diseases.
- Raising awareness and community education on Tularemia.
We also monitor for and alert residents of precautions related to Hanta Virus, ticks, and other diseases.