Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, and Landfill will be closed on July 4, 2017 in observance of the Independence Day Holiday.
Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
HCP for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs
HCP program helps provide all children with special health care needs the opportunity to obtain services that encourage and assist their optimal development. We provide services for families who have children with a special health care need (birth - 21) that live in Larimer County.
A special health care need can be physical, emotional or behavioral. The condition could last a lifetime, or end with treatment. It can be easy to see, or not seen at all. Anyone who has any questions and/or concerns about the health, growth and development of a child between birth and 21 years of age, can call us.
There are free screenings available for children from birth to 5 years of age. The screenings are provided through many agencies. For information, call 970-498-6747.
The following services are available for children with special health care needs ages birth to 21 years old and their families.
- Information and referral (including referrals for health care and financial assistance).
- A public health nurse, social worker, dietician, physical therapist, and a parent consultant are available to consult with families to provide information, family support and referral to services.
- Care coordination for families of children birth to 21 years old with traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
- The Newborn Hearing Screening Program, in coordination with area hospitals, assures that newborn hearing screening is available to all children born in Larimer County, and that consultation is available to families as needed.
- Colorado State Extension: provides access to parenting e-newsletters beginning with pregnancy and going to age 5
- GoodHealthwill is a nonprofit organization to help people of all ages gain access to donated medical equipment
- Peak Parent Center is a statewide organization of parents of children with special needs
- Parent-to-Parent of Colorado connects families of children and adults with disabilities or special health care needs
- Family Voices of Colorado is a chapter of the national, grassroots organization composed of families and friends who care for and about our children with special health care needs
- Foothills Gateway is a non-profit organization that functions to efficiently coordinate and provide services for Larimer County citizens with developmental disabilities and their families
- Brain Injury Association Of Colorado is a non-profit exclusively dedicated to brain injury.