Larimer County - Award Winning Dept. of Human Services
Department: Board of County Commissioners
Release Date: Jun 6, 2014
CONTACT: Ginny Riley, LC-DHS Director, 970-498-6884, email@example.com
Laura Walker, Deputy Director DHS, 970-498-6329, firstname.lastname@example.org
FROM:Deni La Rue, Community Information Manager, 970- 498-7150, email@example.com
Larimer County’s Director of the Department of Human Services (DHS), Ginny Riley, received recognition on behalf of the Department earlier this week at the Colorado Counties, Inc. (CCI) conference in Keystone Colorado.
The Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS) recognized Larimer County for their ‘C-Stat Distinguished Performance’ in 2013. The CDHS implemented C-Stat in 2013. C-Stat is a management strategy that analyzes performance using the most currently available data.-Stat allows Divisions within CDHS to pinpoint performance areas in need of improvement and then improve those outcomes, helping to enhance the lives of the populations that CDHS serves and to provide the best use of dollars spent.
For 2013, the first year of the program, CDHS assessed 21 performance measures and recognized counties who had maintained 90%+ achievement for all 12 months. Of the 10 large counties in Colorado, all of them had at least three measures meeting this standard. Larimer County achieved eight measures consistently at 90% or better for 2013, the highest number of the 10 large counties. Pueblo County tied with Larimer at eight measures reaching this standard.
The eight areas Larimer County was recognized for are:
- Timeliness of Colorado Works New Applications
- Timeliness of Adult Financial New Applications
- Timeliness of Food Assistance New Applications
- Timeliness of Energy Assistance New Applications
- Timeliness of Energy Assistance Expedited Applications
Safety and Well-Being
- Maintain Children Safely In-Home
- Reducing the Percent of Children in Out-of-Home Care for 24+ Months
- Reducing the Percent of Children in Congregate Care