Hazardous waste includes:
- Liquid wastes
- Chemical waste
- Paint (30 gallon limit counted by container size, not volume)
- Household cleaners
- Fluorescent bulbs
Residential Hazardous Waste
Any typical household chemicals from your own personal use such as cleaners, paints (30 gallon limit), household batteries, car fluids, fluorescent bulbs, etc. Please bring non-leaking containers upright in boxes. Not accepted: Waste or containers in garbage bags nor large containers such as trash cans full of leaking waste. Containers larger than 5 gallons will not be accepted.
- Dropoff hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Closed on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Free of charge if it's from your personal use, a typical household waste, and you are a Larimer County resident. Again, there is a 30 gallon limit according to the container size.
- Free reusable items can also be picked up for your personal use at the Drop 'N' Swap store inside the Hazardous Waste building.
Business Hazardous Waste
All wastes coming from any source other than your own personal use at home will be considered a business waste. This includes and is not limited to any type of business, non-profit or government entity.
- Dropoff hours: Wednesday (By appointment only)
- You must first call (970) 498-5773 to see if your business will qualify for the program. The program does not accept containers larger than 5 gallons. There will be a disposal fee and some initial paperwork.
- For more information about any of these programs, call (970) 498-5773.